Phillips Life Assurance Public Company Limited
Phillips Life Assurance Public Company Limited, the “Company”, conducts the business with ethics. We adhere to good governance and recognize the importance of gaining your trust if you use any of the company’s products or services. The Company attaches great importance to your privacy rights and the company’s responsibility to you. Therefore, this policy has been prepared in order to inform you of its objectives, rules and details for collecting, using, disclosing, transferring, and processing personal data as well as how to access, release, modify, store, and exercise any right to operate about your personal information.
Therefore, the Company asks you to study this policy to know and understand your rights regarding personal information that has been provided or held by the Company before giving consent to the Company for the collection, use, disclosure, and processing of your personal data. However, this policy is subject to change at any time, so you should revisit it. From time to time or if there are significant changes to this policy, the Company will notify you immediately.
“Company” means Phillips Life Assurance Public Company Limited.
“Personal Data Subject” means the insured. applicant for insurance, beneficiary Applicants using the service through all channels of the Company, both for myself and as a legitimate representative, or authority of the insured or insurance applicant (as the case may be), directors, executives, employees, and those involved in the company’s benefits, contacting agents and financial advisors, insurance brokers, investment advisors, and any other natural person involved , various application requests, have a legal relationship, or interact with companies or personnel. An officer or representative of the Company.
“Personal Data” means information about an individual by which an individual can be identified. whether directly or indirectly, does not include information about the deceased in particular, such as name, surname, gender, race, nationality, religion, age, date of birth, national ID card number/taxpayer identification number Passport number, account number, credit/debit card number from the bank, address, phone number financial information, health information, and/or other information as required by laws, etc.
“Sensitive Personal Data” means information as defined in Section 26 of the Personal Data Protection Act. Individuals and revised editions as amended from time to time, other applicable laws and regulations. Including personal information of people race, ethnicity, political opinions, religion or philosophy, sexual behavior history, health information, disability, trade union information, genetic information, biological information, or any other information that affects the owner of the personal data in a similar way.
“Public information” means personal information that the subject of the personal information discloses to the public, such as information on social media profiles. When social media credentials are used for information and logins such as Facebook, Twitter, and Line to connect or enter any service of the Company, such as social media accounts (Social Media Account ID), interests, likes, and friends list of personal data subjects, The personal data subject can control the storage of this privacy through the social media account settings provided by such social media service providers.
“IP Address” means the numeric symbol assigned to each device, such as a computer or a printer, that participates in a computer network that uses the Internet to communicate.
“Application” means a program or set of instructions used to control the operation of a mobile computer or device. Various peripherals to perform commands and meet the needs of users Every application (application) must have a so-called user interface (User Interface or UI) to mediate various applications.
“Cookies” means a small piece of computer data (text file) that is saved on a computer or device. When you visit the website, cookies remember information about your using of the website.
2.Purposes for collecting, using and disclosing personal data
2.1 To sell, sell, arrange, manage, operate, follow the process steps, and manage the company’s products or services with you.
2.2 To carry out the life insurance contract by following the process of making a life insurance contract in accordance with the procedures for dealing with the products you purchase, investigating, analyzing, processing, and expropriating policies and the payment of compensation including the payment of benefits under your policy, renewal, amendment, and cancellation of the policy as well as the exercise of any rights under your policy.
2.3 To process any request to use the product or service, you must contact the Company.
2.4 To manage life insurance policies and a life insurance policy combined with your investment that you have with the company, including the exercise of any rights under the policy of the data owner. This includes the right of subrogation (if any).
2.5 For the most efficient and beneficial after-sales service.
2.6 To follow the procedure management process accomplished and result in which the request according to the contract and according to the terms of service of the company.
2.7 To design new products and services for the company or the development of existing products and services of the Company.
2.8 For the company’s reinsurance with you.
2.9 For communicating about the use of any products or services. This includes information about the management of products and services to control the quality of service in order to make customer care more efficient.
2.10 To study the demand for marketing products or services, market research, data analysis, and actuarial calculations are used, financial reporting or evaluation, including marketing participation.
2.11 For investigating or preventing to fraud-related actions and other wrongdoings, whether it is an actual wrongdoing or an act that is suspected to be an offence; especially for communicating with companies in the financial services and insurance business as well as for communicating with regulatory agencies related to the Company.
2.12 For the restructuring of the Company’s organization and the Company’s transactions.
2.13 To enable the data subject to access content on a particular website, application or social media platform, including tracking the behavior of the data subject such as using websites, applications or social media platforms. Conducting an analysis of the data subject’s use of the website, application, or social media platform and understanding the usage characteristics that the data subject likes to make those websites, applications or social media platforms suitable for specific data subjects. to operate or evaluate and improve those websites, applications or social media platforms; or products and services of the Company troubleshooting referrals for related products and services, arranging advertisements on websites, applications and other channels according to the target group.
2.14 To comply with the rules and regulations related to the Company’s business operations.
2.15 To manage digital marketing and sale promotion.
2.16 To apply for a job and/or apply to be a life insurance agent or life insurance broker, business partner on the Company’s website and other channels of the Company.
Unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations, the company will ask for the consent of the owner for the new information if the Company wish to use your personal information for any purpose other than those stated in this policy.
3.Personal data collected
The Company may collect or hold your personal information. This depends on the type of product or service that you choose to use or the relationship between you and the Company.
3.1 General personal data
(1) General personal data such as name-surname, Identification card number Passport number, Date of birth, age, gender, occupation, marital status, photograph, house registration address according to ID card, current address home phone number, mobile phone number, email, other contact details and voice recording.
(2) Work-related to information such as salary, position, place of employment, and work history. This may include your employer’s name and address.
(3) Financial information such as income, source of income bank, account number, tax information, details of bank account movements, details about the loan, information about the investment, credit card details, and other details or information about payment, including details about your credit and financial credibility.
(4) Product and/or service details, such as product and/or service details purchased from the Company or other insurance business operators, such as the policy number, insured amount changes or transactions related to policy, the procedure on premiums payment, history of premium payments or borrowing money beneficiary Claims for compensation, including the exercise of rights under the policy or products, or our other services or other insurance providers.
(5) Legal status, such as money laundering status, terrorist financial support status, and bankruptcy according to the United States laws on the prevention of natural persons and corporations with a status of US persons from tax evasion (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act: FATCA).
(6) Technical information such as information about your use of the company’s website or the company’s applications, including IP addresses, cookies, and device information.
3.2 Sensitive Personal Data
The Company is obliged to collect Sensitive Personal Data such as health and disability data in order to purchase or use the company’s products or services. Such information is necessary to consider insurance, as well as to provide services and pay claims.
In addition, the Company may collect and hold additional sensitive personal data (Sensitive Personal Data) about you, such as race, ethnicity, and sexual behavior, political views and membership of political organizations criminal history and prosecution, belief in defines religion or philosophy genetic information and biometric data, trade union data or any other information that affects the customer in a similar way. This is for the implementation of the relevant laws.
However, if you do not provide or are unable to provide certain personal data or do not give consent to the company to collect, use or disclose necessary personal information, it is important for the company to build relationships, provide services, and/or provide products or services that are suitable for you. The Company may refuse to establish a relationship or conduct a transaction or contract with you or perform the obligations of the company to you.
4.Sources of Personal Data
The Company may receive your personal information from 2 channels as follows:
(1) The company receives personal information from you directly according to the procedure of use and/or providing services as follows:
(a) Your application for products or services with the Company;
(b) Submitting your request for the exercise of rights with the company;
(c) Various communication channels between the Company and you;
(d) Your participation in activities with the Company;
(e) Information about the use of the Company’s website via browser’s cookies or the Company’s application to you;
(f) Building business relationships or make a transaction or contract with the Company;
(g) Satisfaction survey after sales service.
(2) The company receives your personal information from other sources or people other than customers directly as follows:
(a) Life insurance agent, Life Insurance Sales Executive, Life Insurance Broker;
(b) Financial advisor;
(c) Business partners of the company;
(d) An insurance company or a life insurance company that has a counterparty position with the company;
(e) Affiliated businesses or businesses in the same industry group;
(f) Government or regulatory agencies to which companies must adhere to legal requirements.
5.Personal information collection, use and disclosure
The Company may collect, use, or disclose your personal information in the manner required by law and necessary for the purpose by the following method:
(1) When you express your intention to purchase or use the company’s products or services and/or when you access or use the website, application, and/or services online, on a mobile device, or by phone, or other services of the company;
(2) When you submit an insurance application form and documents supporting the request for insurance to purchase or use; or when you provide information while purchasing or using any of the company’s products or services, including submitting forms and documents about requesting services related to our products or services;
(3) When receiving information from an audit from a publicly available data provider (Data Providers).
(4) When communicating with the company, whether in writing or verbally;
(5) When you submit a request to change or amend information about a product you bought or a service you used, or any other request about a product you bought or a service you used;
(6) When you contact a personal life insurance agent, a life insurance agent sales executive, a life insurance broker, company partners, service providers, attorneys, agents, or other persons or other entities related to the company;
(7) When you contact the Company via the Company’s website, application, social media, telephone, e-mail, direct meeting, short message (SMS), fax, post, or by any other means of the company;
(9) When collecting personal information from personnel and business partners of the Company;
(10) When you submit personal data to the Company in order to participate in marketing activities, events, sweepstakes organized by the company;
(11) When receiving personal information from third parties about you, such as hospitals, doctors, medical resources, public health facility, health professional personnel, life insurance business operator, life insurance association.
6.Personal data subject consent
In the event that the Company requires consent to collect, use or disclose personal information, the Company considers to determine the appropriate consent method for the collection, use, or disclosure of the personal data subject’s personal information in accordance with the criteria for obtaining consent under the Personal Data Protection Act and other relevant laws. The Company may proceed according to the following guidelines:
(1) Obtaining consent from the person whose personal data is being processed do so expressly in writing or electronically. Unless consent is not obtained by such means, consent may be obtained by other means, such as obtaining consent via telephone in telesales and sales of products or after-sales service. The Company will record the sound that the customer has given consent to collect, use or disclose personal information as evidence of consent by keeping for the period of time that consent is used for collecting, using or disclosing personal information and may be kept for longer period of time.
(2) Obtaining consent from the personal data subject who is a minor or under the age of majority incompetent person virtual incompetent person must comply with the law on personal data protection; and other relevant laws.
(3) If the customer has multiple insurance policies, consider whether consent should be obtained separately for each policy considering the purpose of collecting, using or disclosing personal information whether it is related to another insurance policy or not, for example, in the event that the insured has multiple insurance policies, this may include both life insurance policies. health insurance policy and accident insurance policies, and the Company has an objective to collect, use or disclose personal information related to every insurance policy, such as the purpose of the company’s direct marketing activities. In such cases, the company may request consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information to carry out direct marketing activities of the company in a one-time initial sale of the insurance policy. There is no need to consent for such purposes in offering other insurance policies also because the consent requested already covers the collection, use, or disclosure of the company’s personal information, etc.
(4) The Company receives personal information of prospects from other people with whom the company has not had a legal relationship before in order to offer the company’s insurance policy. Personal data to that company ask for consent from the Company at the beginning by requiring other companies that disclose personal information to keep such consent documents as evidence, which the company can request if there are complaints in the future.
(5) In the case where the customer is the insured who has provided personal information of other persons concerned to the Company such as spouse, premium payer beneficiaries under the insurance policy or people in the family the Company may stipulate conditions in the insurance application form, the insurance policy or any other documents for the insured to certify (representation and warranty) that it has informed the company’s personal data protection policy in accordance with the established rules, and if the Company collects, uses or discloses such person’s personal data for purposes requiring consent, may require the insured to provide a guarantee (representation and warranty) that the consent of those persons concerned has been obtained so that the Company can collect, use, or disclose personal information for purposes requiring that consent.
7.Disclosure of personal information
In carrying out the above purposes, the Company may disclose your personal information to various parties as stated below, the Company will take any action as stated below. As long as it is necessary to protect your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 as follows:
(1) Life insurance agent Life insurance broker, Life Insurance Sales Executive, Investment Advisor Financial, Advisor Business Partner;
(2) Group insurance policyholder;
(3) Reinsurance company investment management company credit rating agencies, banks, financial institutions;
(4) Company personnel which provides various management services or providing personal data processing services, including payment related services, cloud services, data storage services; Document Operations Pick-up and delivery of parcels by courier, marketing or other services relating to the business of the company or any arrangements related to the Company’s products or services to you;
(5) Other operators of life insurance businesses;
(6) Life Insurance Association;
(7) Government agencies or regulators, as well as any other person in the country to whom the company is required to disclose information;
(8) Company advisor, which is a professional such as a lawyer, doctor, auditor, or consultant;
(9) Any person or entity that you have given your consent to disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to companies and their affiliates or companies within the same business group including other persons who operate with personal data under the commitment and/or agreement with the company. As a result, your personal data may be transferred, stored, or processed by the company, or transmitted to any person or entity as defined in Article 7, who may have locations or provide services in Thailand or elsewhere.
9.Rights relating to personal data
The personal data subject has the right to process your personal data as follows:
(1) The right to access information about and a copy of your personal data held by the company, as well as the right to notify the source of your personal data if you do not consent to disclosure;
(2) The right to revoke or request a change in the scope of the company’s consent;
(3) The right to restrict, suspends, or opposes the processing of your personal data;
(4) The right to transfer your personal data to other people and/or organizations, as well as the right to inspect the transfer of your personal data;
(5) The right to revoke your consent to the company’s disclosure of your personal information;
(6) The right to confirm whether or not we have any personal information about you. as the right to access information, the processing of your personal data;
(7) The right to request that your personal data be corrected, deleted, or destroyed;
(8) The right to complain to the Personal Data Protection Committee.
To exercise your rights, you may contact the Company using the company’s contact details stated in this policy; and when you request the right to exercise, the company will ask you to verify your identity (if necessary) and provide additional information to assemble your request and the Company expects to be able to respond to your request within 30 business days of receipt.
The Company reserves the right, as appropriate and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, to refuse to comply with your request to exercise your rights. In addition, you have the right to submit complaints about the company’s processing of personal data to a committee of experts in accordance with the procedures set out in the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562, and the company is entitled to charge reasonable costs for the processing of the complaints request.
10.Withdrawal of Consent
(1) In accordance with personal data protection legislation, the Company allows customers to withdraw their consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal data. The customer may withdraw his consent at any time. And it can be done as easily as giving consent, unless there is a limitation on the right to withdraw consent by law or contract that provides benefits to the customer. As required by law on personal data protection, for example, customers may request to withdraw their consent through the same channels used to provide consent without any additional steps set forth to hinder the request to withdraw such consent, and the Company provides a system for recording the withdrawal of such consent as evidence;
(2) You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time for the company to collect, use, or disclose your personal information. The exercise of such a right will not affect the collection, use or disclosure of personal information that you have previously given consent and the Company can collect, use, or disclose personal information as long as it is necessary according to the Personal Data Protection Act B.E.2562, or other laws.
However, the exercise of your right to withdraw your consent for the company to collect, use, or disclose personal information may affect you in relation to underwriting consideration, service to the policyholder, payment under the policy, or any service related to insurance, resulting in the company being unable to comply with the insurance contract and/or contracts for being a unit holder of mutual funds, as well as the life insurance agent license examination employment contract or contract to appoint a life insurance agent, the life insurance sales executive, life insurance broker, or investment advisor appointment contract.
11.Retention of personal information
(1) The Company will keep your personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfill your purposes;
(2) The Company will keep your personal information for no more than ten years from the date of the relationship’s termination, but may keep it for longer if necessary. If permitted by laws and appropriate procedure will be taken;
(3) The Company will delete or destroy or make your personal information non-identifiable according to the retention period of personal data.
12.Marketing and promotion activities
For the purpose of providing the best service, the Company may send information about marketing activities and marketing promotions, other products or services of the company that may be of interest to you.
However, the person receiving such information has the right to withdraw their consent to receive the information at any time through the channels which received such information.
13.Privacy Notice for the Use of Closed Circuit Television Cameras (CCTV)
The Company’s purposes and legal bases for collecting, using, and/or disclosing personal information in the installation of closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras to protect your security and property, prevents damage, disruption, destruction, and other crimes from occurring on your property. The Company will install cameras in an area that can be easily seen on the company’s premises 24 hours a day and no audio recording of you will be recorded. This includes not installing CCTV cameras in the bathroom area.
The Company will install signs to alert the operation of CCTV cameras at the entrance-exit points to let you know that there are CCTV cameras working to record your footage in the company’s area.
14.Websites and Cookies
This policy applies to the services provided by the Company. and use of the website (website) of the company only. If you have clicked on hyperlinks or links to other websites through channels on the company’s website, you must study and abide by the privacy protection policies appearing on that website separate from the company.
(1) In order for the system to display information or allow the subject of personal information to access certain services, such as notifying or sending instructions to the company to process policy inquiries or changing personal details such as password, email address and mobile phone number, etc.
(2) To allow the Company to present news or public relations about the company and its services that are beneficial to you as needed.
(3) As a preliminary information to improve the content and services of the website to be as relevant to your needs as possible.
15.Amendments to this Policy
The Company reserves the right to change, amend, add or update this policy to the extent permitted by laws. If it is a material change or a new purpose, the Company will notify the amendment, change or updates through the Company’s website or any other channels that the Company uses for communicating with you, which you can check at any time.
Company Name: Phillip Life Assurance Public Company Limited
No.849 Worawat Building, Silom Road, Silom Sub-district, Bang Rak district, Bangkok 10500
Contact : Tel. 02-022-5000
Business hours : Open every Monday – Friday from 08:30 – 17:00 p.m.
Closed every Saturday – Sunday and public holidays
Website : www.philliplife.com
Email : [email protected]
Data Protection Officer (DPO) details
Name : Mr. Sompong Narmcharoenchaisuk
Address : Phillip Life Assurance Public Company Limited
No.849 Worawat Building, Silom Road, Silom Sub-district, Bang Rak district, Bangkok 10500
Contact : Tel. 02-022-5000
Business hours : Open every Monday – Friday from 08:30 – 17:00 p.m.
Closed every Saturday – Sunday and public holidays
Email : [email protected]